Tuesday, September 9, 2008

A few plug-ins I'm trying out this week

Here are a few of the plug-ins I'm trying out this week (in Logic, my DAW) and why:







Pianoteq 2.3
I already can make really nice piano sounds with the Logic 8 EXS24-based sampler presets (Bosendorfer, Steinway, Yamaha) but this is a physically-modeled piano, not a sample-derived player, so it has a low footprint (at the expense of CPU cycles) and presumably, greater sonic flexibility. I'm hoping to get some unusual sounds that depart from what you might expect a piano to sound like.
Automat1 1.01
I don't use subtractive synthesis all that much, but this one is freeware so I usually pick up a couple of things like this and see if I can make any good sounds quickly.
Automaton
This is by Audio Damage, and I'm a big fan of their plug-ins. This might evolve into some interesting things if feed the right source input sounds.
Nodal
This might be overly complicated, but it looks like an interesting user interface which may or may not generate interesting music.

No comments: